Can't connect LG Monitor to Laptop

Apr 7, 2018
Hello,

I have a LG monitor (model:W1953T) which has a resolution of 1366 x 768 at 60 Hz which I am not able to connect to my laptop which has a native resolution of 1920x1080 at 60Hz. I am trying to connect this monitor using a VGI to HDMI adapter. Is it not connecting because of the adapter or some display settings ? I also updated the display driver and it is the best and recommended for the laptop. Help me to connect this monitor to laptop.

Thanks.

Solution
HDMI is digital only.
VGA is analog only.

The two are not natively compatible. You will need an active converter to convert the signal. A simple adapter will not work. If the laptop has a VGA output and the HDTV only has an HDMI input, you will need a VGA to HDMI converter. If your laptop has an HDMI output and the HDTV has a VGA input, you will need an HDMI to VGA converter.

VGA to HDMI
HDMI to VGA

Depending on which way the signal needs to be converted, something like these should work.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
HDMI is digital only.
VGA is analog only.

The two are not natively compatible. You will need an active converter to convert the signal. A simple adapter will not work. If the laptop has a VGA output and the HDTV only has an HDMI input, you will need a VGA to HDMI converter. If your laptop has an HDMI output and the HDTV has a VGA input, you will need an HDMI to VGA converter.

VGA to HDMI
HDMI to VGA

Depending on which way the signal needs to be converted, something like these should work.

-Wolf sends

Solution

TRENDING THREADS