Recovery error / cant boot into USB or DVD

Apr 9, 2018
heey guys so i recently changed my motherboard and CPU after everything installed i booted the pc normally and i got the recovery mode thingy so i had to install new OS in my HDD cause it already had one ( previous OS wasnt wiped ) so i configured my usb made it bootable and had windows and everything in it .

went into my bios made the boot order correct went restarted the pc and i got the windows logo for a while then i got the recovery error again ! so i said it could be the iso file is corrupted or something , i went in and tried new method which was the windows media tool ( tried with rufus at first ) same thing booted into usb and same thing windows logo then straight to repair . so what i did i put my HDD in another pc to see if its dead , and did same thing and booted fine i even installed windows and it started ! so what i did later is completly wiped my HDD , i went and baught a new copy of windows 10 on a CD this time plugged in my HDD and the DVD went into bios configured the bios and still same error windows logo than i got the recovery error ...

i've litteraly gone insane these past couple of days ! i've tried everything :
Enabled /disabled CSM in boot
Enabled / Disabled boot secure !
BOOT ORDER : Set Correctly
Motherboard : Asrock H81-GL
any help is appreciated guys !

Solution
secure boot should be off
fast boot off
turn csm off

what csm does is swaps the boot method
with csm enabled it matches the legacy boot method
with csm off, it matches UEFI boot method (this matches win 10)

what happens if the settings match the above?

i can't see any settings that relate to DVD unless you are perhaps using an external DVD drive? otherwise it uses an internal header and should work?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Turn off fast boot if enabled. Its on the boot tab (page 65 of your manual)

Fast Boot minimizes your computer's boot time. In fast mode you may not boot from an USB storage device. Ultra Fast mode is only supported by Windows 8 and the VBIOS must support UEFI GOP if you are using an external graphics card. Please notice that Ultra Fast mode will boot so fast that the only way to enter this UEFI Setup Utility is to Clear CMOS or run the Restart to UEFI utility in Windows.

have you tried USB 2 ports on back of PC?

When you add USB, are there choices called UEFI USB? or UEFI DVD?

your manual - http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/H81M-GL.pdf

Apr 9, 2018
Fast boot / secure boot are disabled and itried other ports and yes i do get that option ! when i try to boot on UEFI USB sometimes it gives me the error like the regular usb boot option sometimes it doesnt pass and tells me to choose another boot device ! with DVD it doesnt even get to error when i press it the screen just show me the options of the boot devices again until i pick something else

Colif

Win 11 Master
secure boot should be off
fast boot off
turn csm off

what csm does is swaps the boot method
with csm enabled it matches the legacy boot method
with csm off, it matches UEFI boot method (this matches win 10)

what happens if the settings match the above?

i can't see any settings that relate to DVD unless you are perhaps using an external DVD drive? otherwise it uses an internal header and should work?

Solution
Apr 9, 2018
i wil definitely try that as soon as i get home but if i match these settings should i also boot into the UEFI USB or the default one ? and yes i do use the default DVD that came with the pc its an internal ! thanks for the help and i'll post the results as soon as i get them