looking for a good CPU temp monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2018
I am trying to find a good CPU temp monitor. I was using Advanced System Care 11 hardware monitor but it was displaying that my CPU was running around 100 degrees Celsius. It never changed. I figured that couldn't be right so can someone recommend a temp monitor that can run on Win XP? Thanks.

Dell Optiplex GX270
2 hard drives
Intel Pentium 4
2 sata
pretty sure original cooler
original mobo

(This is my first post here)

to check the readings on any utility, i use intel's Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) - if for no other reason, intel should know how to read their own cpu sensors accruately

I use RealTempGT as it offers the option of having a small mini-window monitor i keep on the bottom right of my screen, but note that RealTemp works fine on a couple of my computers, and on a 3rd seems to vary 5-10 degrees from what intel's XTU shows

Apr 9, 2018
I tried RealTemp and HWMonitor. HWMonitor read my hard drive temp but not my CPU. RealTemp was saying that it didn't support my processor when I attempted to start it. Not sure if RealTemp can't support a Pentium 4 or what. Any ideas? Also, I have a neighbor who was running Advanced System Care 11 and it was reading his CPU temp correctly so maybe a faulty CPU temp sensor? (In mine)
Thanks

i like core temp because you can display the temp on the taskbar. i think it runs on xp.

i looked on my advanced system care 11 and yes it seems to work fine on my system ... i didn't know it had cpu temp info until you mentioned it ... i can't figure out how to tell it to display degrees C though, how did you switch it from Farenheit?

Apr 9, 2018
Ok so core temp says 0 Celsius and asc11 still says 100 c so prob faulty temp sensor. Is there a way to tell if my temp sensor is broken? If it is then can I replace it or is it built in to my CPU or mobo?
thanks again!

It might be the apps are not accurate reading or detecting the temp sensor.
Dell use proprietary components and it might be hard to read any sensors.
You might need to use a thermal prove.
Did you tried Speed Fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.