My games are really blurry, can't find a solution.

gillverleo

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
Hi all,
I'm having an issue where I'm having extremely blurry textures in all games. The issue is particularly a lot worse whenever I'm moving, it mainly looks like someone has smeared Vaseline all over the screen and it just kills my immersion. Also, the quality of anti aliasing is appalling, if it's off it looks disgustingly sharp and pixelated, whereas if its even on in the slightest it looks really blurry. There literally is no sweet spot, and I know that this isn't and issue with my anti aliasing 3d settings. I know it won't be my display as my old display had the same issue and this new one (HP Omen 24.5 inches @144hz) has the exact same issue. I'm pretty sure that the issue is GPU related, could it be that it is not properly secured/clicked in or something (I have no idea).

These are some things that It will not be, as I have already tried them (have had this issue for 16 months +):
-Faulty HDMI or Display Port cable (mine is attached via the latest display port).
-An issue with my drivers (please for the love of God don't tell me to just uninstall and reinstall them again, you think after 16+ months of having this issue I haven't tried that!?!?!)

Specs-
EVGA GTX 980 4GB, SUPERCLOCKED.
i7 4770k @ 3.9 Ghz
16gb DD3 Ram
Omen 24.5 Inch hp monitor @ 144hz

Lutfij

Titan
What games are you finding this issue on? All titles or on particular titles? Have you tried reverting to older drivers...say back when the GTX980 first came out? It's a long shot but it's a way to figure out if the drivers are acting up with your system.

What resolution are you on at the moment?

gillverleo

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017

1920x1080 and yes, all games are affected.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
MERGED QUESTION
Question from gillverleo : "blurry / ugly games will pay for solution"

Is your resolution set (in Windows) to match the native display resolution?

Have you installed GPU drivers?

No need to offer payment, that's not what this community is about.