Couldnt find any solution to this problem: 80 percent RAM usage at startup, Please help

Apr 10, 2018
Hello everyone,

Ive been strugling with this RAM issue for some time. People usually have problems with their non-paged pool. That doesnt seem to be my case.

I run windows 8.1

i5-6600k
16GB of ram

here is a screenshot of the task and resource manager:

https://imgur.com/a/3bk3K

I did use this video tutorial: [video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ4zkThSWpM"][/video]

so i modified that registry and it helped me to keep my RAM at cca 2 GB for a couple of days, but now, its back to how it was.

I do always keep many chrome tabs open..like a lot.. but as said before- i boot up and the Ram is at 10-13GB already.

Its gotten to a point now, when the system is failing and closing up apps.

Please, let me know, if you need any aditional information.

Solution
Ok. So I just wanted to say, that I found something like a solution to this problem.

My system had 2x 8gb of RAM sticks. And before I opted to reinstall the windows I decided to remove one of the sticks to see what happens.. And voila! Ram usage was at 30 percent with the 8GB remaining! The system became a lot faster and stable.

I then reinserted the other stick and everyhting worked for about a month flawlesly with the 16gb..

Yesterday my RAM usage began to skyrocket to the previous 95-96 percent and programms began to crash again.

The solution was for me again to remove one of the sticks and boot up..

Its weird.. But it works.. I have no idea why..

Ill try to run my system only on the 8gb and see if it gets worse on stick as well
Apr 10, 2018
Hey! Thanks for answering.

Lutfij-
I was thinking of just reinstalling the whole OS, but was wondering if there was anything simpler. I might have to do that though.

rgd1101- Im sorry what do you mean with issue? I do have an issue with that crazy RAM usage.

Thanks again

Apr 10, 2018
BTW Lutfij - I understand, that repairing is simpler than reinstalling and i meant that i will probably just repair.

f there is no other way..

I also wonder how that can just happen like that.. The system is fairly new

Hi. Maybe if you post a screen shot of your used resources and your task list at boot, rather than one of multiple Chrome tabs open?

In addition, you could post a typical Chrome list (Shift + Esc in Chrome) to separate Chrome from the rest. Each tab appears to be using six figures, which sounds a lot. See my tab usage (main browser process highlighted):

https://ibb.co/bZY0sS

Apr 10, 2018
Hi, you are right, I should have done that as well, but didnt, because after closing and opening cgrome there was always cca 1 GB of ram usage difference.
I was watching startup taskbar closely and there was nothing extraordinary.

In the past two days i was trying to figure out some more about this. During my investigation i realized, that i can keep only one program open. (One would crash even if it was only Word and Paint)
Chrome stopped working many times, but i found cases online that reported something similar and they assumed that it was a virus, that was either sharing resources of my coumputer with soemone else, or it was just doing something big in the background.

I really think that was my case. Even though i ran countless virus and malware scans.

Then i got a blue screen. First time on this system - thats when i couldnt bear it anymore and reinstalled the OS.

Im almost finished restoring the system. The chrome tabs still use six figures, but now, I think its not an issue anymore:

https://imgur.com/a/0Gkqs

Thank you very much for coming back and having a look though!

Apr 10, 2018
Ok. So I just wanted to say, that I found something like a solution to this problem.

My system had 2x 8gb of RAM sticks. And before I opted to reinstall the windows I decided to remove one of the sticks to see what happens.. And voila! Ram usage was at 30 percent with the 8GB remaining! The system became a lot faster and stable.

I then reinserted the other stick and everyhting worked for about a month flawlesly with the 16gb..

Yesterday my RAM usage began to skyrocket to the previous 95-96 percent and programms began to crash again.

The solution was for me again to remove one of the sticks and boot up..

Its weird.. But it works.. I have no idea why..

Ill try to run my system only on the 8gb and see if it gets worse on stick as well

Solution