Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
About 2 years ago I built my dream PC:
Intel i7 6700K CPU
Gigabyte G1 Gaming Motherboard
32 GB of DDR4 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
750W PowerSupply
and a bunch of other add ons as the months progressed.

As of recently, I had issues with frame rate, and I've had this issue before and thinking back I just updated my drivers and software.

So I tried that, but it hasn't solved the issue, so I did a refresh of my entire computer (just because I wanted to start from scratch) but now im having issues greater than before.

I'm not getting over:
- 100 FPS in Rocket League
- Less than 50 FPS in Fortnite
- Haven't tested other games since the refresh, but even my basic windows is struggling.

I'm getting constant frame lag on the desktop.

I've checked my CPU, GPU, and memory usage, but nothing is out of the ordinary within the usage meters.

Any answers would be greatly appreciate, I can answer any questions you might have! Thanks in advance.

drbones8472

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
Try installing ALL of the latest drivers for your Mobo, even if you don't think it needs it. I bet you forgot to install the IEM Driver and or the Sata Drivers. I had a similar issue and it was just an overlooked driver that I had failed to download and install.

I would do that but also use DDU first:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

If that then doesn't help it's hard to make suggestions since you apparently also just reinstalled everything.

*I at first wanted to say it's software but now I'm not sure. I'd do the following:

1) unhook everything not needed (extra hard drives, DVD player, webcam etc.)
2) swap anything you can after that (swap a mouse for example long enough to see if it matters)

3) run MEMTEST86 for a full pass or until errors to test your 32GB DDR4 www.memtest86.com (just select via quick boot in BIOS once made, and just let it run on default settings)

4) remove the GTX1070 and connect monitor to motherboard (to use the iGPU) to see if desktop is smooth (if so it may be a motherboard issues, GTX1070 hardware issue, or NVidia and/or Windows software issue... but one thing at a time)

5) if still baffled then I'd probably try to get a spare SSD or HDD in case the current one has a hardware issue, reinstall Windows, drivers etc and test (leave all other drives unplugged which also means you can simply plug them back in without losing data)

Status
Not open for further replies.