Monitor blacks out for 2-3 seconds randomly sometimes not at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Corrado

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2014
My monitor randomly goes black for 2-3 seconds (doesn;t switch off) just goes black then comes back I am thinking its the Display Port I am running an Acer Predator XB1 27'' 1ms GSync monitor 2k, I want retain that, but not sure if its the cable. my GPU or something else can somebody help?

the CPU and Motherboard is new. I dont know what else to do. I bought a DVI-D cable but my monitor doesn't support one one HDMI and DP.

Any clues to what can be causing it? all drivers are up to date and I doubt the monitor is dying as its new.

Acer Predator 27'' G-Sync Monitor 1ms /
■ Asus 1080 Strix Aura /
■ Ripjaws 16GB DDR4 3000MhZ /
■ Intel Core i7 8700K /
■ Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming /
■ 500gb Samsung Evo /
■ 250GB Samsung EVO /
■ 1TB /
■ H100i V2 AIO /
■ EVGA 850W Supernova /

Solution
Hi, It is most likely your cable, but other people that had this type of issue reported that driver clean install fixed the issue. Personally I think it is a cable issue.
You could probably fix the problem by getting a high speed HDMI cable. It must be high speed to handle the 1440p 144hz bandwidth. Did the DP cable come with the monitor? Can you try another DP on the card? You can try another DP cable or cheapest option for a test is to get a HDMI cable that is at least v2.1.

Gabor

gaborbarla

Distinguished
Hi, It is most likely your cable, but other people that had this type of issue reported that driver clean install fixed the issue. Personally I think it is a cable issue.
You could probably fix the problem by getting a high speed HDMI cable. It must be high speed to handle the 1440p 144hz bandwidth. Did the DP cable come with the monitor? Can you try another DP on the card? You can try another DP cable or cheapest option for a test is to get a HDMI cable that is at least v2.1.

Gabor

Solution

gaborbarla

Distinguished
Reactions: bestwaybbb
Status
Not open for further replies.