Intel Rapid Storage Technology

ricky.youtube

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
Hi guys. I have a MSI GL62M 7RD and i'm trying to install the drivers through the site. What happens is that i can't install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology F6 Driver.

I searched in the web, so i formated my laptop, and before i choosed a SSD to install windows, i load those drivers to install the F6 Drivers, and then i installed windows. (there are the F6 drivers files) https://imgur.com/Fs1ueZR

After the format, i installed every driver by order again, and when i installed Intel Rapid Storage Technology, the "performance" part wasn't there, i thinks its supposed to show under "manage")
tGHDhCT.png

Is this really worth it install? How do i do it? This is a gaming PC .Thanks

Solution
i doubt you need irst, if the ssd was say 64gb then I could see a use for the software but not in your case. The ssd is big enough to have windows + applications on it without requiring RAID

If SSD had been 64gb then what used to happen in some laptops was the ssd would be used as a cache drive for the larger hdd, it wouldn't show in windows at all, and would just hold files used on every boot to make hdd seem faster. Same idea applies to optane memory now on new motherboards.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i doubt you need irst, if the ssd was say 64gb then I could see a use for the software but not in your case. The ssd is big enough to have windows + applications on it without requiring RAID

If SSD had been 64gb then what used to happen in some laptops was the ssd would be used as a cache drive for the larger hdd, it wouldn't show in windows at all, and would just hold files used on every boot to make hdd seem faster. Same idea applies to optane memory now on new motherboards.

Solution