Windows 10 Blue Screen Winload.efi

KENDAWG2000

Honorable
Dec 6, 2014
Hello,
My parents Toshiba has been running quite sluggish lately (Idk if this has anything to do with this but figured I'd mention it anyway).
While my mother was using the laptop, simply on google chrome, it blue screened. I went and tried to boot it back up only to meet this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0qo3lOplhJoV0F5SkdQU3RpT0d1MklCRmNZb3FjY0tlVjlB

When attempting to enter UEFI Settings, or simply Try Again, the blue screen turns into this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0qo3lOplhJoTjh5TUJNY1hSY3pUbjJQaEFRNkV4b3BlYUJB

I've attempted to create a media tool VIA USB and attempt to run the start up repair, but after hours of running it from dinner to sometime in the middle of the night, the next morning I had checked only to see that when booted, it went right back to where it had begun.

This PC was originally Windows 8 (at time of purchase). Core I3, integrated graphics, 4GB of ram I believe.
My parents have a bunch of pictures they'd like not to lose. I unfortunately cant see an option to do a refresh (or whatever it is called where the PC is reset but the data remains).
What are my best options here? Do I have to attempt to fish out the hard drive from the laptop to save the data? Or is there a way i can fix this whilst also keeping the data on the PC?

Thanks so much!
-Ken

Solution
I would take the HDD out and backup before doing anything else. This may all have started from a failing HDD, if it was it’s only going to get worse the more you use it. Also you want the data backed encase anything you do during attempting to repair forces you to loose the data.

KENDAWG2000

Honorable
Dec 6, 2014

Thanks for the reply, had not seen this. Tried all of it and still the same boot error. I guess my best option would be to remove the HDD and re-install windows?

I would take the HDD out and backup before doing anything else. This may all have started from a failing HDD, if it was it’s only going to get worse the more you use it. Also you want the data backed encase anything you do during attempting to repair forces you to loose the data.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS