computer feels slow and delayed after installing a new motherboard

Mar 28, 2018
good day

yesterday i installed a new motherboard,everything seemed to run fine except i have some strange delay on my keyboard and mouse,i dont know if its just coming from my screen or if its my mouse,but it looks like vertical sync is enabled all the time even on my desktop. its very anoying and it makes playing games pretty much impossible,even when im browsing the web my mouse moves very heavy. i tested my mouse on my laptop and it works fine on there so i feel like it has something to do with my ssd or video settings?
the computer boots very fast, and in games my fps is the same as it always was just the heavy delayed feeling makes it very frustrating,its not even subtle delay like vsync but its very obvious.

i already completely cleared my ssd and reinstalled windows 10 from scratch on a ssd but the problem is still there.

things that i tried are: try different usb ports, different video card drivers,
i checked my cpu and gpu temperatures but they are fine,
installed the latest motherboard drivers.
i tried using onboard graphics,and disabled the onboard graphics on bios.

is this motherboard just bad and should i return it ?

my specs are i7 4770k,8gb ddr3 ram, gigabyte ga-z97-hd3 motherboard ,gtx 1070 GPU,corsair 550txm PSU

ayone have any idea what it could be?

Mar 28, 2018

hi, and thanks for trying to help me.
and yep i have tried that already , the slow feeling is on my keyboard too thats why i thought it could have something to do with my monitor or video settings?

the type of delay feels like everything on my screen shows up half a second later

1. Try opening Task Manager to the "Performance" tab and open the "Resource Monitor". Do you see anything unusual?
2. You can also check "Power Options" in Control Panel. What options are selected?

Mar 28, 2018

i set my power options to max performance,but i tried the other options aswell,but no improvement.

when i open the task manager while my computer is doing nothing the cpu usage is about ranges from 1% to 5% or so and my ram all seems normal.

one thing i found out is that when i play a game besides the slow feeling is that when i open a menu,or talk to an npc i get a screenfreeze for like half a second,and this happens everytime i open the menu,

and again all my temperatures are normal they barely go over 50.
im really thinking about just returning the motherboard but is there any chance the problem could be with my CPU?

I don't think it could have anything to do with your CPU. It just sounds like a driver issue to me. Have you opened Device Manager and taken a close look at all your drivers?

Mar 28, 2018

the only thing i can see in device manager that seems off is that there is a an "aged device" in systen devices,but i cant update,when i check its properties it says,location:Intel(R) Z97 Chipset LPC Controller - 8CC4,

Was the same mouse and keyboard working fine before the motherboard change?

Did you change out anything else apart from the motherboard?

Are all your PSU connectors connected correctly?

Mar 28, 2018

yep my mouse and kb worked fine,i tried them on my laptop and they both worken,and i checked my psu cables ,i even tried a different psu;(
and the motherboard has the latest bios ,version f9 it was already updated when i bought it

From Wikipedia:

The Low Pin Count bus, or LPC bus, is a computer bus used on IBM-compatible personal computers to connect low-bandwidth devices to the CPU, such as the boot ROM, "legacy" I/O devices (integrated into a super I/O chip), and Trusted Platform Module (TPM).[2] "Legacy" I/O devices usually include serial and parallel ports, PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse, and floppy disk controller.

Is your mouse and keyboard PS/2 or USB?

Mar 28, 2018

they are both usb

Mar 28, 2018
i feel like you are right,its probably a driver issue,sometimes i get a screenfreeze for half a second,and that driver disapears from my device manager then show up again,but it happens really fast,i tried downloading a driver for it but it still shows as an aged driver.

You can also contact Gigabytes Online Technical Support about this problem, there may have been other customers reporting issues similar to yours.

Mar 28, 2018

yep tried that but they respond very slow,and ask me if i did the most basic things like downloading drivers from their website etc,

one thing that is strange is that when i play a game where my fps is over 200 ,my mouse behaves pretty good,

but in a game where its about 60-70 its super slow and choppy even with vsync turned off

1. You say your Bios version is F9, do you not want to try the F10c Beta BIOS?
2. Which revision is your GA-Z97-HD3 motherboard (rev. 1.0, rev. 2.0, rev. 2.1)? Rev. 2.0 added a separate PCB layer for the audio, but i don't know what changed with rev. 2.1.

Mar 28, 2018

i have a GA-Z97-H3D REV 1.1 it only goes upto bios version f9.atleast that is what shows up on their driver website

Your right, you just misidentified your motherboard in the original post.

Mar 28, 2018
sorry for the confusion,my motherboards manual says hd3 instead of h3d. i dont know why they would give me the wrong manual.
i appreciate that you are helping me,i feel like im getting closer to the problem,fiddling around with these drivers made the input lag a little bit better.

but its still not working as it should unfortunately

Given that you say this problem occurs whether you use the GPU or onboard graphics, i think the only likely source causing this is either the USB drivers not working properly or something running in the background hogging resources. Try keeping open a hardware monitor program showing real time CPU and memory usage. That should tell you if something is running in the background and maxing out the CPU or memory.