Ps4 to Monitor to PC

Blingbo

Distinguished
May 21, 2015
I don't know where to ask, but is it possible to route audio from the ps4 to the pc so I can listen to both platforms from one headset or amp? I have an LG ultrawide with only 2 HDMI ports, no other jacks and I have a 3.5mm headset, and an analog amp with a rca to 3.5mm jack output to the pc for now. Any ideas or help are appreciated, thanks! Oh and I know about the audio from the controller, but my front mic jack is broken and I'm using the rear one for my headset.

You would at some point have to involve an adapter or two.

My suggestions:
1. Turtle Beach. Buy for the mixamp, throw the headset away. The amps are totally cross platform, as long as you get one listed as such. Roughly ~$99 canadian pesos. The headset... may be nice for you or not. I personally think their headsets are trash.

2. Get something to split the HDMI off to HDMI + 3.5mm jack. From here, you could use any normal pair of headphones and just switch them. I would suggest checking AliExpress or Ebay for this kind of adapter. Something like this, perhaps. I would confirm with the seller that it outputs to 3.5mm + HDMI, however: here.

3. I don't own a console, but.... when you say rear jack, is this on the controller or the console? Also, do you need microphone use? If so, I can see a y-split working, but if it's just one jack you'd probably need to buy a splitter as well (see aliexpress, again) so that the audio can come from the hdmi adapter and the mic can go in per usual.

Blingbo

Distinguished
May 21, 2015
Wait, I just figured out my monitor might have speakers, but how do they work I don't know. I have a 3.5mm out jack on the back of the monitor and a volume setting, but I've never heard sound from it so I presumed it didn't have. So does it have and how do I use them ? Model is LG 25UM58-P
I've looked everywhere for some info, but nothing seems to help me out

Blingbo

Distinguished
May 21, 2015
Ok nevermind, it does not have speakers, just an audio out for headphones or some playback device. So that means both the monitor and controller jacks do the same thing - play audio.

Connect the monitor's 3.5 mm output to the 3.5 mm input on your PC ("line in")

audiojackdiagram.jpg

Blingbo

Distinguished
May 21, 2015

This does nothing more than produce static noise when listening in. And also, my monitor plays audio from the source only when it is selected, so I doubt it will play anything from the console if I'm looking at my desktop (IF it's selected as default audio device). Thanks tho, you opened up another possible solution!
Update: so it does produce sound if I switch to the PS4 HDMI, but there is noise, the quality is awful and only on one side
Update #2: I pulled it out a bit and now it works on both sides, but the interference is still there. This is a cheap male-male 3.5 cable, so it could be it doesnt sit well with the connection