Looking for opinions on next bang for buck upgrade.

Apr 15, 2018
My system has been has gone through many iterations in the last year as i purchased new/better components. Wanted to see what other views may be as to where i should head next. The system is used mostly for gaming, some productivity but nothing that a celeron couldn't handle.

Case: Corsair 270R
Mobo: Asus Maximus IX Apex
CPU: i5 7600k - delidded for 5.2ghz@1.4v(temps in the mid to low 60's during 2+ hours of gaming)
- H100i on the CPU
GPU: Asus Strix 1080 Advanced
- Kraken x42 with NZXT G12 mounting kit on the GPU
16gb 2400 Crucial (can't remember the model off the top of my head)
Crucial MX300 M.2 - 525gb (OS)
Sandisk SSD - 480gb (Games)
Additional 2tb HDD for media and backups
PSU: Corsair RM850i
27" Acer 144hz gaming monitor
21" Acer 60hz as secondary
Mechanical keyboard, gaming mouse, headset etc. - Not looking to upgrade here

My first consideration was a different/bigger case with custom loop from EKWB.

USAFRet

Titan
Designate $200 for this project.

Take $100, and put it in an envelope for a future major upgrade.
Take the other $100, and take someone nice out to dinner.

Your current PC needs no parts upgrade.
You'll remember a nice dinner long after a different PC case.

Apr 15, 2018

it is only 1080p, I am sort of at the point where i have money to put towards it for more WOW factor. The dual AIO setup i have needs to go because it has ZERO possibility for cable management(it's a complete mess). My next path of upgrade consideration was wait for nVidia's next GPU line, then go with the custom loop, and 4k monitor after that. Not really looking for what needs to be replaced, more "what would you do next". All ideas are welcome and all parts replaced have a system to be moved to ;)

Two things to upgrade if you have money burning then: a 27" 1440p G-Sync 144Hz monitor and the upcoming Volta replacement of the GTX 1080 (GTX 1180 or GTX 2080, whatever Nvidia's new nomenclature will be on their Volta line). I heard from a reliable source that the Founder's Edition will be released in July with aftermarket AIB partner GPUs out in August. Based on history, we won't be seeing a 1080 Ti Volta replacement until this time next year.

But back to the monitor, you could of course always upgrade to a 60Hz 4K monitor + GTX 1080 Ti right now and be happy gaming at 60FPS. A CPU upgrade would not improve your FPS at either 1440p or 4K as that's mostly all GPU demanding.