Computer Keeps Freezing/Locking up

SamTheEpicMan

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
Hey all, have been having this problem for a while. Either daily or even multiple times a day, most often when i am on Chrome/browsing, pages will start to not load, the system will become unresponsive to actions, and at some point will freeze completely. After i force restart the computer, it works normally for a few hour. Checked the memory and no errors were found. Neither the processor nor the GPU are overclocked.

Im running windows 10 Pro, and here are my parts:

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600k
Mobo: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3
RAM: 16GB Corsair DDR4
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070
PSU: 1050W Gigabyte

Any help is appreciated, and i can give more information if needed.

Holy cow you have a 1050W power supply for that build? Wow. Anyway, what antivirus/anti-malware programs are you running? This sounds virus-like at face value especially considering this happens mostly when you have a browser open. I assume the issue does not happen when you are gaming under load.

SamTheEpicMan

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015

The power supply came in a combo before I built the computer (don't judge :D).All i have is Malwarebytes, and when gaming under load the game sometimes will crash, similar to when browsing.

Oh I'm not judging LOL. We PC nerds never do that. If I say I'm still running my 2009-built Wolfdale E8400 build with a GTX 285 running Windows Vista as a usable computer nobody would judge me (and I am BTW).

Anyway, MWB is NOT antivirus protection. You need an antivirus program. I use a freeware version of Avast. It does the job. You likely have a Trojan virus.

It's still not 100% depending on how deep any root virus went IF that's the issue. With that said, I agree with the above comment that it could be a memory issue. Try using one stick at a time and booting and swap DIMM slots between them all.

SamTheEpicMan

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015

would this help?

https://imgur.com/a/7b2cD

SamTheEpicMan

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015

Sorry it took me so long.

https://imgur.com/a/KMms1 They are in slots 2 and 4 because 1 and 3 were wonky.