Can ping but cannot browse

Apr 15, 2018
Just i came across a problem in which am connected with my asus vivobook r542u and doing network surfing. Suddenly google youtube all stoped working whereas the ping responds but nslookup shows unknown server 8.8.8.8. am using netis router by seeing related threads i just switched off my router for 30 seconds and then turn it on and boom all started working again. But my quistion is when google stoped working but aliexpress and bangood is working properly

Solution
Are your DNS servers set up correctly? You should either have the DNS server in your network settings set to get it from the dhcp server, or you put it in manually. If you put it in manually make sure you put in the same dns server in your router. If they are different that could be causing the issue.

SugarPsycho

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
Are your DNS servers set up correctly? You should either have the DNS server in your network settings set to get it from the dhcp server, or you put it in manually. If you put it in manually make sure you put in the same dns server in your router. If they are different that could be causing the issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS