4th monitor wont display r9 - 270x

Apr 15, 2018
I have had 3 monitors for around a year and have tried to add a 4th when I did this I bought this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KLKQN9U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 thinking this is what I needed I am currently using all 4 of my ports on my r9 270x one being an HDMI-HDMI one being a vga - the new adapter - HDMI another being display port - display port and a final one being HDMI-DVI. when all of this is plugged in only three show up with anything, I'm guessing I have the wrong adapter or something, all I get is the display showing in the control panel but not showing anything on the screen... I have tested all displays and they work

Solution

The 270X only supports up to 2 monitors through non-DisplayPort...

The 270X only supports up to 2 monitors through non-DisplayPort connections. You need DisplayPort or a DP active adapter for any monitors beyond 2.

Solution

No, that's a passive adapter; it needs to be an active adapter. If it doesn't say Active, then that means it's a passive adapter.

Does your graphics card have 2 DisplayPort outputs also? Because at least 2 out of your 4 monitors will need to be connected via DP or a DP active adapter.

That looks like it should work. You need 2 DisplayPort outputs though, which means you would also need a DisplayPort MST hub to get more ports, since your GPU only has 1 DP output.

TRENDING THREADS