Windows 10 reset stuck at 99% what to do plz help

Apr 16, 2018
hi today i upgraded my windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro and it was done and windows was activated but then i decided to reset it to clean all my files it stuck at 99% i left it overnight nothing happened it was now also at 99% the i went to school and at 3:00 pm i checked it again now also it was at 99% pls help me what should i do

Solution
99% is where it gets updates

Since win 10 is activated, I would just fresh install win 10 and remove even more traces of win 7

on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the...

Colif

Win 11 Master
99% is where it gets updates

Since win 10 is activated, I would just fresh install win 10 and remove even more traces of win 7

on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Solution