Computer randomly resetting

Alex_484

Prominent
Jul 30, 2017
Hi,

For over 3 months now I've been having an issue with my computer spontaneously just turning off, then turning back on again. It restarts a fair bit quicker than a usual start-up, programs that support it start up in safe mode, and chrome states it has been closed unexpectedly. The screen just goes black, I hear my computer come to a stop then it starts up again.

When the computer turns back on again, I hear the device connecting sound which I don't hear on a normal start up. I feel this is related, since I used to get a similar issue where I would on some occasions get a static noise through my headphones as I plugged in a device, followed by a BSOD when fully inserted. I would start to hear the static as the device neared the port, and it would get more intense until it is plugged in and crashes. However, I haven't had that issue for a while and coming to think of it, it hasn't happened since this problem started.

I have recently installed a new PSU and replaced my 750 with a 1070ti, however I still had this issue beforehand. Thank you for any help.

Specs:
AMD Athlon X4 740
GeForce GTX 1070Ti (Neither are OC'd)
8gb off-brand DDR3
EVGA 100-W1-0500-K3, 500W
500gb 850 Evo
2x 1tb Seagate Barracuda

Again, thank you.