Windows 10 taking 7-8 minutes to boot on ssd

Dantheman77

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014
Hey running into an issue over the last week or so. About a week ago, we had a storm roll through and we had about 3 consecutive power flashes, so pc turned on and off quickly multiple times, probably before it fully booted. Since then, pc is taking 7-8 minutes to boot. Prior to this, took about 30 seconds or less. I have three Samsung SSDs and according to the Samsung magician all three have “good” condition, the highest rating possible and I don’t notice any difference in gaming, file transfers or anything ssd related. I ran a SFC / scannow, no errors. The first time I ran a chkdsk, there were errors it said. So I ran he chkdsk /r and restarted the pc and it checked and repaired the errors and pc restarted. Once the pc restarted, ran another chkdsk and no errors.

I have checked power mode, it’s set to high performance and fast boot is selected. I don’t have any programs under task manager that start up when windows starts, I have disabled all (steam, Corsair untility engine, etc).

I am all out of ideas, anyone???

System:

I73770K 3.5 GHZ
16 gb ddr3 ram
Gtx 1060 6GB
Samsung EVO 500 GB SSD x 2
Samsung SSD 125 GB
750 Watt PSU
Windows 10 64 bit pro

Again, the slow boots started since that couple power flashes

Solution
sure you have no malware?scan with malwarebytes and your antivirus.if nothing there a clean install of windows might be your only option.