Black screen problem

Mar 31, 2018
Hello.

CPU: Intel g4400
Motherboard: Gigabyte ga-h110m-ds2v
Dedicated graphics card: gtx 750ti
Power supply: FSP hyper k 500w 80+

When I press the power button, my monitor shows the motherboard manufacturer’s logo. After that it becomes black. And as soon as it shows Windows 10 login screen, it goes black again.
But my monitor doesn’t turn off. Just shows nothing. If I type my password, the Num lock LED on my keyboard turns on. It looks normal except it shows nothing.

First I thought my graphics card is the problem since after I installed this new graphics card(gtx 750ti), my monitor showed strange behaviours like blinking or going black. So I got new one from seller but the situation didn’t change.

I used this monitor for about 6 years. If my monitor just turns off, I will buy new one. But this problem looks different from that. Do I have to buy new monitor?

Solution
Glad you solved it! I think its either the connector of the monitor itself that is causing the problem.
Contact the vendor to check whether it is repairable or not.

sourodip

Distinguished
You didn't mentioned whether you had tried getting display from the iGPU or not. How can you enter the login credentials if your screen is black? I mean, after the windows starting logo, can you see the user login page?
Are you using a DVI cable for the GPU and HDMI connector for the monitor?
If yes, try using a DVI to DVI cable.

Mar 31, 2018
When I used igpu, I got the same result.

And I can see gigabyte logo. I can’t see Windows starting logo which I usually saw after the gigabyte logo. And as soon as I see Windows user login page, it goes black. So I can see the user login page for less than a second. I can still use my keyboard but I can’t see anything. My monitor is still on.

And my monitor only has dvi and d-sub ports. And I am using dvi cable.

Mar 31, 2018
I didn’t have another dvi to dvi cable. So I think I should buy one and try that.

Right now I can’t approach to BIOS since even if I try by pressing del key or f12 key, I can see the same black screen.
But when the situation was not this bad, I already updated my BIOS by using gigabyte app. And I think the priority was ‘auto’ in BIOS.

Mar 31, 2018
I can’t see any mouse cursor. It is just black.
Even if I type my password after I saw Windows login screen for less than a second, the only thing that I can see as a change is the Num lock key on my keyboard being turned on.
So maybe I can’t say whether Windows takes my password correctly or not.

Mar 31, 2018
I tried to ‘reset this pc’ and it didn’t work. So I thought the driver is not a problem.
And today I tried to use an LED TV. And it worked! Igpu and dgpu are working. I used DVI-D(PC) to HDMI(TV) cable for both igpu and dgpu.
I will buy a new monitor with an hdmi port. But I still don’t know what exactly was the problem. Does it mean I can no longer use my old monitor? Should I try to install nvidia graphics driver?