Which IPS monitor i should buy?

Apr 19, 2018
I am gonna use the monitor mainly for watching movies and casual gaming.

LG 24MP59G
Viewsonic VX2476-SMHD
Philips 245C7QJSB
AOC I2490VXQ/BT
Asus MX239H
Dell 2414H

If you have other 23-24 inch IPS monitor suggestions let me know.

Solution
There's nothing wrong with LG and they're one of the few companies who manufacture the panels themselves.

That said, the Dell is the only monitor that offers height and orientation adjustment, so I'd take it on that basis alone.

gosubuilder

Commendable
Apr 21, 2017

whats wrong with LG's? main manufacturers of most panels on the market currently are AU optronics and LG. And, from all the reviews/blogs/posts i've seen lg makes better panels.

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
I heard the same "good" thing about LG, so I bought one. It would flicker and finally the screen started going black and then got worse. It would do that until it was doing it all the time. It was only 2 months old. So I went to Amazon and read some reviews and it seems to be a common problem.

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
You wouldn't say that if you had spent $350 on a monitor that is now showing a black screen. I've had an ACER for 5 years and it's still working. LG has terrible customer support....meaning they don't answer you. I did read that LG 4K tv's were getting better and beat out Samsung but I won't buy one after this, to find out if that is true or not.