Help formatting SSD

MillerTheFeeler

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
I have an old SSD from my old PC that I am unsure that if it is dead or not, Basically the computer would boot into windows, run for 10 - 30 seconds and lock up, C Drive usage was 100% at all time.

I wanted to know if there is any way to format the SSD completely on a PC which already has a different SSD with OS on it connected to it, As if I format my old SSD and if it is a bad OS problem on it, I can add it as a second storage unit into my new PC, and to be even more precise, Is there a way to format it from BIOS without installing a fresh OS on it.

its not possible to format a hard drive within the BIOS

if it is setup as a secondary drive in windows and you can see it then you can right click on the drive and then left click on format. another way would be to go into disk management and perform a format that way.

if you can't boot into windows then you will have to make a bootable windows install disk

Because it was a boot drive, you actually need to use diskpart to get rid of the recovery partition. Format will otherwise leave that partition intact. The same ways still apply, either from windows from your current ssd or bootable install disk/usb.

Diskpart from bios? Not possible and the link shows windows instructions.