Which PSU should I go with?

Apr 15, 2018
Hey

I am currently running an old computer with 1070ti but I am planning on updating to 8700K or Ryzen gen2. I have 2 SSD, 2HDD (planning on adding one more storage) and a BluRay drive. Also 4x Noctua 120mm fans.

I am aiming at the quietest PSU out there with enough wattage for a decent amount of times of upgrades. Eg. new GPUs in the future, new mobo-processor combo in the future (after 8700k). So in short: I would like to get a PSU that is dead silent and can offer me some safety for upgrading in the future.

Cost is not an issue, but I do not want to overshoot with wattage. Obviously I am never going to run SLI/Crossfire or overclock to insane levels.

I am eyeing on EVGA T2 850W as it is really silent and can offer wattage without spinning fans up to 500W which should be enough to run the whole current and 8700K build without a fan spinning.

What do you think: Is this the most reasonable PSU if you dont think of the cost? Is there any other that is even near that when prio 1 is silence and prio 2 is the sufficient power + upgrade possibility in the future?

arcade15

Reputable
Mar 3, 2018
The Corsair RM850X is supposed to be very quiet under low/medium loads (zero RPM mode like the EVGA one you were talking about), I wouldn't know about high loads though. If price is completely not an issue I'd say that the be quiet! dark power pro 11 850W is a great option.

I would recommend the Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W or 750W, you don't really need more than a 650W PSU though.

They are extremely quiet.

850W is quite overkill for a single GPU system. Granted, with your system and an EVGA 850 T2, the fan should never even turn on to be honest, as it doesn't even turn on until around 500W load. That's still an awful lot of money and way overkill, though.

TRENDING THREADS