Google Chrome Closes unexpectedly after clicking Customize and control Google Chrome

mariosonicbossa

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
Hello folks
i'm back on these forms to get some help again
one of the users may know me from my Wi-Fi Keeps disconnecting frequently form and if you are seeing this don't worry that not happening anymore it all worked out at the end of the day
anyways i need some help from the community

this time is about google chrome
so i always use this browser for a lot of my stuff so its pretty good to me but recently and by that i mean yesterday by the time that this was post it
every time i click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon its just closes randomly well sorta not when you boot up chrome but after a while like a few hours or by the middle of the day i click on the icon and it closes chrome despite the fact that before it worked multiple times

so i need some help on that side

i have tried a few methods to end this

1. cheek if my chrome is up to date
with the help of setting/help its up to date so that may not be the case

2. viruses are causing the problem
now for me i think this could be the reason of the problem since this never happened before
now i have tried a few stuff like adwcleaner to clean these viruses but the problem is still there so maybe i need a new browser virus problem to get these things off so if you have a recommendation for a program then that would be helpful

3. reinstall chrome (if its chrome itself and not viruses) now this man is the last stand methods
idk if this is gonna work or not but i'm more worried about my setting and stuff i have in there so if anyone can tell me if i can still get my stuff back after uninstalling then reinstalling chrome then that would be helpful but again this may be the one i use if viruses are not causing the problem

so that it so if anyone can help me with this problem then that would be fantastic to hear since this form helped me before so here is for good day for the folks that took there time to read this whole thing

Thank You

Solution

Once you've bought the RAM, the replacement process hardly takes 10 mins - you open the case, pop out the older RAM, and pop in the new RAM. 10 minutes, max.
If you have a Google account linked to your Chrome, you'll get almost all your settings back, including themes, bookmarks, etc. If you don't have an account linked, now's the time to do it. Just go to settings and add your Google account in the 'People' section. That should link all your Chrome settings to your account, so you can reinstall without losing any settings or customization.

Looks like you're gonna have to try and reinstall Windows then, unless this is a hardware issue.

Before that, try running memtest86. You said the issue occurs after you've been using Chrome for some time. Since Chrome uses lots of memory, it could be possible that your memory is bad in a certain area. Try the aforementioned test, it'll test your system's memory thoroughly.

mariosonicbossa

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
i think at this point it could be a ram problem
i think at this point i may need a new laptop now since mine is 4ram with it
so maybe that well help
i know you are trying to help and i appreciate greatly
but i'm so mad about this now i can't handle this so maybe that well help

You've got a problem, and you have two choices in front of you - face the problem and try to fix it, or run from the problem and get a new laptop. It's your choice. I know troubleshooting can be hard and frustrating, but unfortunately I can only advice you on what to do, not on whether you are able to do it or not. Again, it's your choice - face the problem or run from it.

So, again - run memtest86 if you are able to, and tell us if it detects any errors.

mariosonicbossa

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
Well even if i fixed the problem i'm still stuck with a 4ram laptop with chrome on it
meaning that tasking with other things like discord can be a nightmare so tbh
i kinda want to say run from the problem and get a better laptop to make tasking much more faster and be more productive with my laptop
i mean i can try run memtest86 but i would still be stuck with a 4ram laptop so maybe i run from the problem
i hate saying this but goddammit this how i fell
almost every problem i had with this laptop i fixed by far but now i think for once its time to call it a run

well also i reinstall chrome again so if this works out again so that would be good also it used to close after a while now its just closes when i open a other program now
but i reinstalled now so if this works again then this would be it

mariosonicbossa

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
so its been a few hours from that response and the more i think about it
i found that my ram isn't acting normal where
I actually gain more ram rather then lost more from chrome since its a memory eating program along with discord and my folder
its on 72% despite the fact that chrome its on 197.3 mb but still on 72 while before it was much higher
I think the more about i think i may need to scan my ram to see any issues like you said or replace my ram with a better ram like 8gb
so hoping that may be the problem but also i have a question about memtest86
i dont have a delete key on my keyboard but dont you need that for the scan if so is the a alternative to the key

You need to create a bootable USB, and then boot from that USB. Often there is another key that lets you change the boot order, which will not be the Delete key. So use the key that lets you change boot order. In my motherboard, for example, it is the F12 key I think. This button is also displayed on the motherboard splash screen that is shown before Windows loading screen. Use that to boot into memtest instead of Delete Key.