Monitor derects signal after like 20 seconds.

AndrewsPC

Honorable
Dec 16, 2016
When I start my pc monitor shows "No video signal" and after like 20 seconds I hear a beep from my pc and it works. Sometimes that beep comes instantly after start-up and sometimes it doesnt even come. When it doesn't beep I must restart my computer in order to beep. Help?

Solution

If I were you, Id start with simple things, see if all the cables are put in properly, and are tightly in. Because it seems that your PC takes long to POST. It works normally when its on tho?

Evvvvv

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017

If I were you, Id start with simple things, see if all the cables are put in properly, and are tightly in. Because it seems that your PC takes long to POST. It works normally when its on tho?

Solution

AndrewsPC

Honorable
Dec 16, 2016

Yes it works normally. The thing is that I just changed the psu. This thing happened with the old psu too so I think it's not the cables.
Can the hdd affect this? It's kinda broken and it's making some strange sounds.

Evvvvv

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017

Well it might be many factors. Scan the hard drive for bad sectors. chkdsk was the cmd line I think. Do that and we will proceed lightly to solve your issue.

AndrewsPC

Honorable
Dec 16, 2016

I think i'll just buy a new hdd. Last time I used chkdsk it broke while scanning. They are not that expensive.

Evvvvv

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017

But then get the one you can use if its not the HDD so dont buy just to test.