Deleted 'wow6432.node' registry. NEED HELP URGENTLY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viraj Nagre

Honorable
Feb 12, 2015
I need just a small help guys and it's severely urgent. So what has happened is while I was uninstalling something due to fake instructions I deleted 'wow6432node' registry key from my desktop and now obviously it wont boot. Only solution seems to be to reinstall windows, so this is where I'm most confused right now
1.will restoring windows 10 delete all the files from C drive (not worried about movies,games, but concerned for other important softwares and files my sister has created for her in autocad, revit etc)
2. Also primarily how can I restore windows from bios menu
3. If 2 is not possible other option would be to use bootable usb and reinstall windows, if so do I need to keep the original hdd connected and how will reinstalling a completely new copy of windows affect the hdd i.e its partitions, previous windows files etc.

please help me out here. It would mean the world to me.....literally as my sister would rip me apart if something happened to her professional files..PLEASE.HELP.

Solution
Use system restore. It can fix the damage you caused pretty easily.
Boot from windows installation media (same version installation media as your broken windows).
Go into advanced recovery section and run System restore. No need to reinstall/recover anything.
https://www.howtogeek.com/131916/ho...artup-options-to-fix-your-windows-8-computer/
image151.png

manddy123

Admirable
As per say here, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

As your PC is not even turning on, the 3rd option will probably be the one to use.

But first things first, if you have another working PC, shutdown the problematic one, unplug the HDD from it and then plug it on the working PC, then copy all important files to the working PC, saving them as backup if anything goes south.

Later on, if you choose do restore your PC with a bootable USB driver with W10 in it and then use the Reset PC option, while KEEPING the personal files, nothing will be deleted and everything will be left as it was before the registry modification.

That was unfortunate. Do you have any kind of system backups? Considering that there is important information on that drive, I would
1) Attach it to another machine and copy all of the data to another drive, especially all of your sister's professional files.
2) Yes, reinstalling Windows 10 will delete all your stuff. You will have to be prepared to re-install other important softwares, as you put it.
3) You can try a Windows 10 Repair Install, but do step 1 first in case anything goes wrong! Best case, it will fix the registry and your machine will work as before, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

And don't follow instructions to edit / delete from the registry until you've checked them with someone who knows. Best of luck to you.

Viraj Nagre

Honorable
Feb 12, 2015
Firstly thank you all for such quick responses, totally unexpected. I've read the solutions you guys've suggested and I'm looking what can be done for my pc, I'll let you know how it turns out, meanwhile if anyone could find even more information that would be appreciated.

Viraj Nagre

Honorable
Feb 12, 2015

I dont think this is possible in my case as I'm not even able to log in or get windows running. it tries to boot up and ends up showing a BSoD with error 'missing critical component' or something of that meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS