Laptop battery discharge

ahmed.gouddi

Prominent
Apr 23, 2018
I just bought a new laptop (20days ago) and im confused about the battery. i always plug it in and it's always 100% of charge but after 4-5 hours of usage i noticed that the battery charge drop by 2% - 5% (when it's plugged in) then it start charging again to the 100%. this only happened only 2 times
my laptop battery is non removable and i mostly use my laptop for gaming

i want to know if this is normal or not (my laptop is still under warranty)

Solution
This is quite normal. Some laptops once they hit 100% won’t continue to charge until the battery drops to say 95%. It’s also common that under heavy loads such as gaming that the laptop will draw power from both the battery and the power supply.

Evvvvv

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017

Remove the battery. Remove the cable. Press the power button on laptop (I know its not plugged) but it will empty its capacitors. Press the power button and hold it a bit. Then add the battery. Then power it up. Use it on battery a bit, then plug it in and see what happens.

This is quite normal. Some laptops once they hit 100% won’t continue to charge until the battery drops to say 95%. It’s also common that under heavy loads such as gaming that the laptop will draw power from both the battery and the power supply.

Solution

Evvvvv

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017

@Sizzling is correct, I didnt notice its BY 2 or 5, I read its to 2 or 5 % .