Reported Nvidia Tegra X1-Based Vulnerability Affects Every Nintendo Switch Made To Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished

Only ASIC miners are worth it for Bitcoin. GPU crunching is not cost effective. For other cryptocurrency which is GPU-friendly, PC hardware is best because you can take a single board and strap a TON of GPUs to it. They've even got mining boards that make it super easy. On top of that you can custom-tune the GPUs. Basically you're not replicating a crapload of unnecessary hardware.

With that being said, I really dislike cryptocurrency in its current form.

stdragon

Admirable
Last I checked, ASIC units such as the ones from Antminer are priced pegged to the ROI rate. The whole thing has got "sucker" written all over it for those that buy.

Anyways, at one point I was initially worried the Nintendo Switches would be slurped up to mine. But after looking at the architecture specs of the SoC unit, the math basically = waste of time/money. Like I said, I'm pleased with the outcome of that :) Crypto can die in fire

stdragon

Admirable
I own a Switch - This is a non-issue :) No remote hacking of any sort is to be concerned about. If anything, it let's you root the Switch to run effectively, any OS you want. It's a local hack, and requires physical port access to execute the exploit. It reads more serious than it really is as the practicality is reserved for those that want to tinker with their own hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.