Hard disk (from 2006) compatability

Apr 26, 2018
I have a Mac Pro tower from 2006. I had installed two 1TB hard disks. These disks are this brand/spec: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136151

Now, I am contemplating moving away from Mac, and interested in building a custom PC (mostly for web browsing, home office work, some gaming). Since the disks are still in good shape, I would like to reuse them if possible to reduce cost. However, I am not sure if they would be compatible with current components/hardware as I don't follow them. This would be my first try in building a custom PC.

I did a quick search on Costco's website for recent desktop, and it says it comes with a '2TB 7200 SATA HD'. The drives above are also SATA 3.0GB/s interface.

Will I have any issue or I am good to reuse?

I do plan to buy an 128/256GB SSD for the OS, but these disks will be used for data storage. Thanks.

If the MB has SATA ports for the HDs/SSDs, yes you can connect them and they should work.

SATA II is 3 GB/s....SATA III is 6GB/s.....SATA II HDS will work in SATA III MBS...but will operate at SATA II speeds.