dual monitor problem

souflex

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
hey everyone! I am attempting to run a dual monitor setup. my PC desk isn't that far from my TV so I am running a wire to the HDTV for whenever I want to sit back on a couch and game. the problem I just discovered is when I restart my pc, my main screen (my monitor) doesn't come back on right away and it is as if my TV becomes the main screen.. tough to work my BIOS like that lol.. I have checked my settings and made sure to label my monitor as my main screen, even the display settings are good in my NVidia settings. I also have all the drivers up to date :) any thoughts as to what is causing this ?

Solution
It's most likely because you have the it plugged into the TV. I'd recommend you unplug the cable that goes to the TV from the back of your PC and plug it back in whenever you do want to use the TV as a monitor for gaming or content consumption.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
It's most likely because you have the it plugged into the TV. I'd recommend you unplug the cable that goes to the TV from the back of your PC and plug it back in whenever you do want to use the TV as a monitor for gaming or content consumption.

Solution

souflex

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016

alright I will do that. didn't know that the Samsung tv will get priority! interesting