What VPN should I choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosebud23

Honorable
Apr 16, 2018
Hi. I was reading about ISP's business practices selling user data to third parties and I was shocked. I think VPN should disguise me so I was researching, reading about no log policies, 14 eyes jursidiction and such and I'm deciding between NordVPN and VPN.ac. What do you guys think?

Apr 26, 2018
I like NORDVPN and IPVANISH.

I have used both and currently been with ipvanish for a year now. It is the faster of the two but costs slightly more.

Apr 30, 2018
I've been using NordVPN for a couple of months now and it works well. What surprised me were the speeds, because it didn't feel like I was connected to another location. If you snoop around the web you can find some good deals. For example I used GIFT75 (just entered into https://nordvpn.com/) and got 3$/month, pretty good deal I think.

rosebud23

Honorable
Apr 16, 2018
Thanks for you answers. I am currently using NordVPN free trial right now and I'm happy with it, maybe I'll pick it up with Citionix's deal.

The problem with asking a question like this is there is no way for someone to really answer this for you. It all depends on where the data centers the VPN provider has and how well your ISP connects to these data centers. The recommendations for a VPN service for someone who lives in say brazil will be different from someone that lives in the EU. Even withing the same city vpn can perform very differently based on how the connection goes from your ISP to other ISP. Pretty much you have to test these things yourself.

Still the ISP is the least of your worries. Most traffic is now encrypted via HTTPS so they can gather little private data. The much worse offenders are google and facebook with all their tracking cookies and scripts embedded everywhere.

rosebud23

Honorable
Apr 16, 2018
Yes, bill, though I am becoming more and more paranoid I think. Better safe than sorry I guess.
Anyway, my trial has ended and I've decided to pick up the full version. I've found a better deal here https://nordvpn.com/bestoffer , maybe it'll help someone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.