BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe and nvlddmkm.sys) while playing games on windows 10 version 1607

Apr 28, 2018
I build my first pc 2 weeks ago. I installed windows 10 version enterprise 1607 also installed latest drivers (nvidia driver version 391.35 release date 03/27/2018 ). Then I install call of duty ww2 and play it about 20 min, suddenly appear blue screen and restart the computer. Its stop code shows "MEMORY MANAGEMENT". Again I tried to play WW2 about 10 or 15 min appear again blue screen.Then BSOD says "System thread exception not handled (nvlddmkm.sys)" another time BSOD shows "System Service Exception (ntoskrnl.exe)" but when I use pc for other day to day work not gaming it works fine. This happens also in COD black op3 but not in NFS rivals.

(specs motherboard:

gigabyte h270m d3h,

gigabyte gtx 1050ti,

intel i5 7400,

G.Skill Aegis 8GB Ram 2400MHz F4-2400C15S-8GIS

coller master 450W psu
(updated BIOS to the latest version)
also I run windows memory diagnostic and it showed nothing.

I would appreciate it very much if could give me a solution for this matter.

Here this is the latest dump file
dump file

Solution
In order to function at a stable level of operation, everything in your pc requires somewhat clean and regulated voltage. In other words, if a stick of ram requires 10w at 3.3v and it gets 8w at 3.1v, something is going to go wrong.

Bad voltages or dirty power (that's highly irregular spikes and valleys, very common on cheap quality psus) can cause everything from bsod, black screen, loss of data, shutdowns, resets, component failure, burnout etc.

Bad, cheap psus are responsible for more pc damage than any other abuse by owners put together.

That includes a very large percentage of nightmare troubleshooting.
Apr 28, 2018

What is the meaning of ntoskrnl.exe? today I got BSOD "memory management(ntoskrnl.exe)" How can I fix this? please help me :/

Colif

Win 11 Master
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

Can you follow option one on this link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a sile sharing web site and share the link here and I will get someone to convert the dump into a format I can understand.

Might also download memtest86 and use it to make a bootable USB. Run a scan on each stick of ram, 1 at a time. Run 8 scans. Any errors above 0 are too many and mean stick is likely to be cause of errors and needs to be removed/replaced

as the pc is crashing in games your power supply may be rippling out or not having clean power at load. try running hardware info set it to logging and sensor. see if under load the 12v rail is dropping. if the power supply is under 30 day do a rma pick up a seasonic 620w unit. the larger unit has more amp on the 12v rail then the smaller 450w. so under gaming load it should hold up better.

Apr 28, 2018

Here's the link for dump file

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/eNhP.html

File: 043018-22750-01.dmp (Apr 30 2018 - 05:01:48)
BugCheck: [MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: NeedForSpeedPayback.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 19 Min(s), and 19 Sec(s)

Motherboard: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-H270M-D3H-rev-10
You have the latest available version of BIOS already installed.

How did the memtest86 (suggested above) testing go? If you haven't done it yet, I would do that. I know it's a pain but it will be worthwhile to determine if the memory is causing the problem or not. Since you only have 1 stick of RAM installed, you don't have to worry about opening your case and testing multiple sticks.

I can't help you with this. Wait for additional replies. Good luck.

Apr 28, 2018

Does bad power supply give ntoskrnl.exe BSOD?

Apr 28, 2018

sorry for late reply..
I run the memtest86 with 5 passes ( it took 6hrs to pass 5th test) It showed no errors also run the furmark to stress the graphic card and also I run it around 2 hrs without crashing.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
In order to function at a stable level of operation, everything in your pc requires somewhat clean and regulated voltage. In other words, if a stick of ram requires 10w at 3.3v and it gets 8w at 3.1v, something is going to go wrong.

Bad voltages or dirty power (that's highly irregular spikes and valleys, very common on cheap quality psus) can cause everything from bsod, black screen, loss of data, shutdowns, resets, component failure, burnout etc.

Bad, cheap psus are responsible for more pc damage than any other abuse by owners put together.

That includes a very large percentage of nightmare troubleshooting.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from virangi_silva : "BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) while playing games. Please help!"