A media driver your computer needs is missing - Cant install windows 10

Apr 28, 2018
Hi,

I have just built a new rig:

i5 7600k, msi z270 gaming pro carbon TX, NVIDIA 1070. Using SSD from previous rig, and a new clean hdd.

Im having massive issues installing windows 10 from USB. My ssd was installed on an old build with a different mother board and cpu. Im aware of the issues so decided to format everything and start over. Nice and simple. Not!

Ive been trying for a whole day but when I get to the install part of winodws 10 (clean iso installed with rufus), I get an error saying: A media driver your computer needs is missing. Then if i click okay, I get a second error: No device drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok.

Now the drives dont show up where i select to install windows 10. But they do show up in the BIOS and also if i browse for drivers. This has been killing me. I have 0 clue whats going wrong. Ive done many builds but never come across this before. Does anyone have a clue or come accross this before?

StrongIsland Steve

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016

Thank you for your advice!! I didn't plug in the cable from the motherboard to the USB drive, which gave me the error message.