ASUS Smart gesture not working after latest Windows 10 update

chaos9830

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
I've had issues with Smart gesture in the past as its the only supported driver for my laptop, an ASUS ROG G551VW. However, after I updated Windows 10 last night to version 1803, it has stopped working. I tried updating the drivers in device manager and now the smart gesture gui program is very corrupted, and the text is all messed up. I can't even find the actual program for it. Not sure what the issue is.

Solution
I suspect Asus need to update their software as you not only person with an Asus laptop with similar problems. Its also possible an update from Win 10 will fix it in the coming weeks as Version updates always cause unexpected problems.

chaos9830

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013

This was a recent post but it doesnt help my case. What i really need to know is how to completely uninstall the Smart Gesture driver so I can reinstall it. Whenever I try to delete the folder itself, it says the files/programs are being used. (presumably in the background). The track pad also seems to be using a different driver. Device manager use to state a different name for the driver, (which i cannot recall) but now it says "Asus support device." I think this occures after attempting to install the elan driver

Colif

Win 11 Master
I suspect Asus need to update their software as you not only person with an Asus laptop with similar problems. Its also possible an update from Win 10 will fix it in the coming weeks as Version updates always cause unexpected problems.

Solution