Gigabyte X399 Aorus Gaming 7 Motherboard Review: Threadripping In Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

spdragoo

Expert
Ambassador

Why? Even among the rarified crowd that this board would be geared towards, how many of them actually would have a 10Gbps connection (network or Internet) to even require it?

Maybe so but it is becoming more of a standard on high end chipsets like X299, I myself have a 16 port 10Gbe switch at home so lacking a 10Gb nic would mean I would have to purchase one since the onboard 1Gbit nic would be useless for me.

Platforms like Threadipper X399 and X299 are often used like workstations, like in a business, if editing and manipulating large images, videos or running virtual machines, you would want a high end NIC to handle the bandwidth.

99% of people gaming will be on Ryzen or Mainstream i5, i7, not HEDT X299 and X399

pensive69

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
quote extremetech => '...NAS vendors such as Synology and QNAP allow upgrades to 10-Gigabit ...'

i imagine any gamer who needs or uses storage might find it sweet.

May 3, 2018
I have this Motherboard and i have no issues at all, it is a great board and real easy to navigate the BIOS. I made sure the BIOS was updated before doing anything major. Downside it does not have the 10GB LAN port like the ASUS board but none the less it is still a great board.

Status
Not open for further replies.