Lots of blue screens of death when playing games

djpiper28

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
So when I play a game I get blue screens of death within the first ten minutes (gamewise it is mostly fort ite). The problem started today (after a windows update I believe), apart from that the system is the same as yesterday. Not of my bsod say "unexpected store exception", I have looked up fixes for that error and none work for me.

I have checked my gpu drivers - they are up to date.
I have checked my hardware - seems fine.

If I cannot find a solution soon I will just install Ubuntu and never use windows again (my experience with it has been aweful on every machine).

Solution

It depends on your needs. Can you tolerate the problem for 4+ months for the sake...

djpiper28

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
IMPORTANT: No blue screens but the games still freeze up.

Also issues started after windows update to the latest version (that it game me without consent)

My RAM is being wired though: i have 8gb in 2 4gb sticks and each stick is recognised in the MSI board explorer HOWEVER it only says I have 4gb of RAM sometimes. My CPU cooler is correctly mounted (I know as I have had it mounted for 3 months and my last issue was fixed by a remounting - I over tightened).

This has led me to believe a stick of ram is dying :( or is dead.

Ram is really expensive at the moment and I will upgrade to a b350 system in summer so should I wait for that or buy new ram.

PuperHacker

Honorable

It depends on your needs. Can you tolerate the problem for 4+ months for the sake of price? Before rushing to conclusions, I suggest running the system with one ram stick per time to determine which (if any) stick has the malfunction. You can also change RAM slots.

Solution