Pc internet Speed slower than should be

Derpatron44

Reputable
Feb 20, 2016
Okayyyyyyy, So, on speedtest.net, my sped on my phone is about 27Mbps, but when i go ahead and run that same test, (on the same server i may add) i get about 2 Mbps, which is pretty damn fun when PUBG decides to have a 10 GB update. I have a LinksysWUSB6300 wireless adapter, adn it could as well be that being the problem, but i have disabled the firewall to see if it is an issue with that, and it is not. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, with luck at first with 26Mbps, then with the following test being around 1.5Mbps. Phone is what i should be getting, (27Mbps). I have had the slightest bit of luck with switching to a different port, and then back. With the same thing before, being that i get the speed that i should on the first test, and that back down with anything after. i feel i have tried everything. but i could as well also not have. Isnt an issue with any other parts. Its either just the Adapter, or some other setting. Thanks.

Solution
Hello Derpatron44

I was wondering if you already tried cleaning the temporary files and using the Disk Cleanup tool?

To clean temporary files:

> Type %TEMP% in the Cortana search box and press Enter.

> Select and delete all the contents of the Temp folder that opens up.

> Try using the Internet again.

To run Disk Cleanup:

> Type Disk Cleanup in the Cortana search box and press Enter.

> Select C:\ in the Disk Cleanup: Drive Selection box and click OK.

> Check all the boxes in the Files to delete list and click OK.

> You can also click the Cleanup system files button to clean other unwanted system files. (Note: Make sure to view...
Hello Derpatron44

I was wondering if you already tried cleaning the temporary files and using the Disk Cleanup tool?

To clean temporary files:

> Type %TEMP% in the Cortana search box and press Enter.

> Select and delete all the contents of the Temp folder that opens up.

> Try using the Internet again.

To run Disk Cleanup:

> Type Disk Cleanup in the Cortana search box and press Enter.

> Select C:\ in the Disk Cleanup: Drive Selection box and click OK.

> Check all the boxes in the Files to delete list and click OK.

> You can also click the Cleanup system files button to clean other unwanted system files. (Note: Make sure to view the files and confirm they're not important before deleting them.)

If the issue still persists, you can try running any free Windows optimization tool such as Ashampoo WinOptimizer or Ccleaner.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!!

Solution