Upgrading Dell optiplex 990 SFF

May 4, 2018
Hi, i want to upgrade my Dell optiplex 990 small form factor, but i'm kind of noob. I bought used graphic card last year, but it died after few months of use, so I will only consider new components.
My current configuration:
Intel i5 2500 3.3GHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM 1333MHz
Intel HD 2000 integrated graphic (also the main reason for upgrade)
240W Power supply
PC is a small form factor, so only low profile cards will fit
Also, money is the main problem, so i'm really looking for best performance/price ratio

I have researched a little, so i have 3 possible options, but i don't know if they are possible and which is the best of them:
1. Buying Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, since it is the best low profile graphic card (it is 80 Euros, + i need to replace monitor since mine only has VGA connections and since i'm replacing it i will use opportunity to buy UHD by selling old and adding 20 Euros, that is total 100 Euro = $120)
2. Buying AMD RYZEN 3 2200G processor with RX Vega 8 integrated graphics (sell my current processor for 50 Euros and motherboard for 40 Euros and buy this processor for 85 Euros and its compatible motherboard Socket AM4 A320 80 Euros (?) = 75 Euros = $90). I gain 17% better processor than i5 2500 and 24% better graphics than GT 1030 (according to game-debate.com)
3. Buying AMD RYZEN 5 2400G processor with RX Vega 11 integrated graphics (sell my current processor for 50 Euros and motherboard for 40 Euros and buy this processor for 135 Euros and its compatible motherboard Socket AM4 A320 80 Euros (?) = 125 Euros = $150). I gain 38% better processor than i5 2500 and 79% better graphics than GT 1030 (according to game-debate.com)

Power supply shouldn't be a problem since my previous dedicated graphic card used little more power than any of these options without any problems at all. But i still have few questions:
1. Options 2 and 3 look better since i get better performance, but is it safe to game on an integrated graphics? Will it damage other components, processor for example?
2. I am not sure about the motherboard for options 2 and 3 although i researched online. Did i name a proper motherboard? Can it fit in my SFF PC? Is my DDR3 RAM supported on this motherboard or only DDR4 is supported?
3.Should i wait several months for prices to decrease or new, better components to be produced? Or is buying now the best option?
4. Is there other option i didn't mention? What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions

May 4, 2018

Right now, i don't have any money, but will start earning and saving for upgrades soon. I want my pc to do the best for the amount of money i invest. Options 2 and 3 are definitely better than option 1, but i don't know if they are possible - if those components can't fit into my Small form factor pc or can't work properly than they are out of question. If they can fit and work well, than option 1 is out of question, and i should decide between them considering the amount of money I save. Ryzen 5 2400G looks better, but if there is not much noticeable difference between it and Ryzen 3 2200G i will go for a cheaper option ( i don't know if i should trust numbers, is an integrated graphic card really much better than dedicated?)

Dell SFF size computers use mostly proprietary parts so the MB swap is probably a bad idea. A low profile GTX750Ti would be an option. I don't know if they're still available new though. i7-2600 should run in that. I would suggest saving up for a low profile GTX1050 2GB if possible. That's reallly where 1080P performance begins.
https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9B-14-137-079&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleBiz-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleBiz-PC-_-pla-_-Video+Card+-+Nvidia-_-9B-14-137-079&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItaLC8Lft2gIVz0oNCh35KAuKEAQYBCABEgLN1PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds