GPU suddenly running GTAV at 4 FPS, was working fine two days ago

May 4, 2018
Hi, having a problem where my FPS has dropped dramatically from around 50-59 FPS to 3-10. This is quite aggravating, and I can't seem to locate a fix.

Specs:
GPU: AMD Raedon RX 580
CPU: i5 7400 3.0GHz
Ram: 8GB DDR4 SDRAM

if you need any more info just leave a reply of what you need.

Considering I literally built this last Friday, I don't seem to understand any issues.
I've tried BIOS, changing Graphics Settings, uninstalled/reinstalled Drivers, and uninstalled/reinstalled GTA. Still nothing.

May 4, 2018
First big question is.... is it just GTA?
what about other gpu/cpu intensive games? If its just GTA then maybe a corrupt file, mod, etc, it might need to be reinstalled.

Software side I think of maybe a virus or some background app you might be running
Hardware side I think of perhaps an overheat issue. First thing I would do is go into device manager and check to see if you are getting an error code/sign for your GPU or any other components.

Secondly remove any unnecessary stuff, try just to just have the bare minimum in your external ports.

I would see what temps your CPU/GPU/Mobo are running at, maybe the thermal/heatsink paste didn't apply well.

Could be a bad power supply or insufficient power due to wrong/bad power supply etc.

Also, if your overclocking, return everything to stock.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

That's why I was asking you to remove the gfx card and use the iGPU. If the frame rates were unchanged, then that was the likely scenario.