Need help! (BSOD) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL tcpip.sys

CaptainMike

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Hello,

So about 2 days ago I was on my desktop doing my usual thing until out of blue (no pun intended) my computer blue screened with the following error:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
What failed: tcpip.sys

So it reaches 100% and remains stuck there and doesnt reboot at all unless i do a hard reset. So i do hard reset and websites i looked said it was related to network drivers so i went and check to see if they needed updated and did a TCP/IP Reset. Drivers were up to date and i restarted my PC after the tcp reset and about 40/50 minutes later it did the same blue screen error and got stuck on it again.

I decided to try redownloading my drivers which are Killer Network drivers, I uninstalled my network drivers and reinstalled them using an installer from their website which were just the drivers, i restarted my PC and left it on for about 5 hours and it didnt blue screen. The new windows update came out so i updated and then went to bed.

Next day I woke up, booted my PC up and spent the whole day not getting any bluescreens and doing my gaming and surfing the web so i figured i fixed it.

So fastforward today i booted it up again and load and behold about 40 minutes or so i get the same blue screen and its been stuck again at the screen for almost an hour.

I appreciate any help, thanks

I should also metion my motherboard is a msi gaming 5 and i use bitdefender free antivirus.
Not sure if those have any relevance.

EDIT: Here's the minidump file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17pZWB1QN3YxdMxsL__uTqnsYtLWFRDHc

Solution
its not that I am ignoring it, I just don't want to jinx you. BSOD don't wave a white flag, they just stop happening. Lets see how it goes :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
hmm, odd.. the MSI web site is not showing any drivers (or manual or utilities, its just blank) = https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z97-GAMING-5#down-driver.

Killer internet.. well known for BSOD. Did you get drivers from: https://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/category/other-downloads

Bitdefender doesn't normally cause BSOD, IRQ errors are drivers normally, and even if i hadn't read entire thread I would have suggested LAN drivers or a virus in relation to tcpip drivers. I can't read dumps myself but will get someone to convert them into a format I can read.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/idEJ.html

File: 050518-29718-01.dmp (May 5 2018 - 16:04:01)
BugCheck: [DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
Uptime: 1 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 57 Min(s), and 05 Sec(s)

The debugger had alot of trouble with this dump file. There were many errors.

The overclocking driver "XtuAcpiDriver.sys" was found on your system. Remove the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility which installs this file while we are trying to fix your BSOD problems. Remove all overclocks. Sometimes there will be multiple copies of this file, be sure to remove all of the corresponding software.

The BIOS information was not included in the dump file. This can sometimes mean that the BIOS being used is outdated. Consider looking for a BIOS update. Note: Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

I can't help you with this. Wait for additional replies. Good luck.

CaptainMike

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
I check my BIOS and it is updated to the latest.
I used the driver only installer from killer network when I was reinstalling so i uninstalled them in programs and features and uninstalled the driver through device manager which windows 10 auto reinstalled when I scanned for changes.

I also do not have intel extreme or any overclocking software on my pc and none of my stuff is overclocked.

Im gonna do a virus scan to check for any viruses. I'll reply again if the issue remains

Colif

Win 11 Master
I doubt the overclocking driver is cause of this, gardenman's software always warns people if it finds certain files, even if they aren't actual cause.

Have you had anymore BSOD? It may have been a one off.. if it does happen again, can you give dump files as I can't do anything with this one, its full of errors.