Best fan setup for corsair 780t

Apr 10, 2018
Hello All,
I'm still working on my first build and I would like to ask for some help about the fan setup.

I'll start out with my components so far, a Corsair 780t case, evga z370 ftw motherboard, corsair h60 liquid cpu cooler, evga gtx 1080 ftw hybrid, evga 850w g3 psu, g skill ripjaws v 2x8gb. I don't have storage and cpu, but most likely will be a 500gb Samsung evo 960 and Intel I7 8700k.

First, nothing in the manual says about 200mm fans on the front, but their are holes clearly marked 200. I'm wondering if mounting 2 200mm fans would be better than 2x 140mm or 3x 120mm?
There is room on the bottom for 2x 120's (plus psu), 1x 140 on the back, and the top is where it gets tricky.
Manual states 3x 120 or 2x 140 fans but when I was doing some measurements and messing around, I believe i can fit 2x 140 and 1x 120. I will also need to mount 2x 120mm radiators. Using a push/pull setup with the radiators, would I be able to mount a 140mm fan above both radiators? I didn't screw the fans in but there appears to be enough room to do so. Or is this even a good idea to use a 120mm and 140mm on each radiator? Or stick to 2x 120 on the radiators?

What would be the best setup to achieve maximum airflow? If I can mount the 140's on top of the rads would the Corsair ML140 be good for that? I know that static pressure is best for rads but if I'm using the rads as an exhaust would they need to be high static? I was thinking of doing the bottom/front as intake and top/rear as exhaust. Is there a better way to set this up? I'm open to suggestions on fan make/models as well. If there is a better setup, I'd love to know.

I've purchased 2x Corsair ML140, 2x Cooler master jetflo 120, 2x Corsair SP120 high performance pwm, and 1x EK Vardar 120er. I don't think the stock fans will be all that great so I'm trying to replace them. I would also like to purchase a Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 pwm and 2x200mm (recommendations would be appreciated). My price range is about 20$ per fan, but I can spend more, up to about $30 per fan.

Sorry this is so long, I've been trying to figure this out for awhile and some things are still over my head. Thank you all for your time and patience in advance.

Size of fans is not as important as their airflow and static pressure are so that's most important thing to look for. Depending on make and fan quality, most larger fans push same or more air than smaller ones at lower rpms and because of that may run quieter.
Things to look for fans are air flow, static pressure and min/max rpm and amount of noise they make at top and minimum rpm. Size, only what can be fitted in the case or particular cooler.

I have the same case as you and i dont think a 200mm fan would fit.I have 2x Noctua A14 pwm on front, a 280mm radiator on top (you can put 2x140mm fans), 1x140mm radiator with fan in the back and 1 120mm radiator with a 120mm fan and another 120mm fan without radiator on the bottom. How i see your set-up:
The radiator from hybrid on the back, h60 on top alongside with 2 more 120mm fans(all 3 120mm slots filled up with fans on top), 2x140mm fans on front and 2x120mm fans on bottom.

EDIT: I prefer radiator on back and top to push out hot air from case.

2nd EDIT: Just got home and measured the front case, the space for fan is 190mm, so a 200mm fan cannot be installed in front, just from the inside and you must remove everything, also only 1 200mm fan can be installed from the inside. Better stick with 2x140mm as front intake.

Apr 10, 2018
I appreciate both of your feedback.
Which sides do you use for intake/exhaust? In order to install the radiator on the back, will i have to remove the hdd cage? I was thinking of just removing part of the hdd cage anyways. I would like to add an additional hard drive besides the ssd so ill need to keep part of the hdd cage. If I remove the bay for the optical drives would there still not be more room for 2x200s?

No, there is no chance to put 2x200, if you remove one hdd cage and the optical bay and mount the remaining hdd cage up you might fit a single 200. In my opinion does not worth it. I use front and bottom as intake (2x140mm in front and 2x120mm bottom), in order to put 2x120mm on bottom you must remove the plastic thing and mount the hdd cage on the optical bay(it has some sliding edges on which you can mount). As exhaust i use back 1x140 and top 2x140mm.
You can see my build here: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/raven74/builds/#view=cWmqqs