Netgear C7000 modem/router randomly reboots about 3-5 times a day.

myk4030

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
Hi Guys. i have a Netgear C7000 modem/router that randomly reboots about 3 times a day. Its been going on for about a few months now and i cant figure out why its rebooting. I thought it might be overheating so i put a fan on it, but keeps rebooting. Looking at my logs i get these [DoS attack: Illegal Fragments], [DoS attack: Teardrop or derivative] and [DoS attack: Ping Of Death] messages with up to 5-10 counts. and they usually happen several times in a span of only 20 minutes or less. The source comes from a public IP somewhere in london, and the target is also a public IP in taiwan. My question is, could i be DOS attacked? and would DOS attacks be the reason wy my router/modem keeps rebooting randomly? Thanks

May 26, 2018
This helps me to remember a comparative issue with the WNDR4000. When they discharged FW.66 I refreshed and inside hours it rebooted without anyone else.

This continued for over a month, I would refresh then it would arbitrarily reboot. After the numerous postings I posted portraying the issue Netgear reached me and really sent a test unit with a serial link to catch the occasions. Each time it rebooted I would send them a report and after that they would send a beta FW.

My point is FW has caused these kinds of issues and for reasons unknown not all switches are affected a similar way. I had posted inquiring as to whether others had a similar issue and everybody said Not me mine's fine. Following a while then others began seeing their switch reboot as well.

At the point when my 7000 rebooted I saw it reboot, nobody else was home and just my workstation checking email at the time. I sit twenty feet from it and got it when every one of those simpleton lights went out.

It wasn't input control related, not to state that it couldn't be a keep running of discontinuous power warts. I utilize a genuine UPS made by Best not this poop sold for under $50. Best changes over info air conditioning to dc and after that proselytes back to AC, making it incomprehensible for a drop or spike to get past.

I accept OP attempted an alternate FW variant and I would forgo utilizing USB until the point that the switch is ended up being steady.

If you need more help then you can feel free to call me at my Number 18882395201