Pre-Built 1070/i57400 Comparisons

May 7, 2018
Hey guys,

I just purchased an Acer pre-built machine that features an i5-7400, gtx 1070, 16 gb ram and a 256gb ssd. I got it for sale, but even the full price of $1700 seems to be very low when compared to other $1700 machines that only feature 1050TIs or 1060 3gb cards (albeit with i5-8700 and i7s).

A bit of a vague question, but is there something I am missing with my new computer? Is it not as good value as I seem to think?

Thanks in advance!

It's hard to compare as you would need to look past the simple figures you've given. You'd have to look at the motherboard features, RAM speeds and timings, PSU size and quality......this goes for most things in the build, I imagine there are some pretty cheap components used to in order to keep the price down. And finally, you've got an ok CPU, but far from the best, the current generation are 6 cores vs the 4 you've got and they will have higher clock speeds.

As long as it all runs fine, and comes with a decent warranty, then sit back, relax and enjoy what you've got.

May 7, 2018
Thanks for the reply. The only other information I could find on the website is the following:

Processor: 3.5 ghz
Ram: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
Power Supply: 500w (Does not specify the efficiency) but it apparently is Energy Star Qualified.

I can't find any information on the motherboard, or anything else, really. Hopefully that isn't to hide their lack of quality.

Lets just say they're built to a price.