[XB271HU] Would you consider this problem clouding?

sexyvexy

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I've owned my Acer Predator (XB271HU) for just over 2 years without problems until now of course.

In the top left there seems to be a strange smudge type circle with an outer ring, see photos: https://imgur.com/a/hnkuNbX

It's most visible when the screen is white - grey - blue and looking at a off angle.

There has been a lot of questions answered on these forums over the years and i thought it'll be a nice idea to ask you guys en girls what your thoughts on this are.

Sincerely
Thomas

Solution
Well, it’s an LCD display so a “burn in” is unlikely but still a possibility. Judging by the pictures, you can see a center point with a ripple around it. Perhaps you, or someone or something, applied a fair amount of pressure to the screen in that spot to cause the distortion in the screen. You can mimic the distortion by slightly pressing on the screen and you can see the same ripple effect happen. The crystals will realign quickly. However, this seems to have permanently damaged the screen.

Have you recently moved it or grabbed it by the top? Perhaps it fell over at some point recently?

Jwpanz

Honorable
Well, it’s an LCD display so a “burn in” is unlikely but still a possibility. Judging by the pictures, you can see a center point with a ripple around it. Perhaps you, or someone or something, applied a fair amount of pressure to the screen in that spot to cause the distortion in the screen. You can mimic the distortion by slightly pressing on the screen and you can see the same ripple effect happen. The crystals will realign quickly. However, this seems to have permanently damaged the screen.

Have you recently moved it or grabbed it by the top? Perhaps it fell over at some point recently?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS