Safe CPU Voltage for 24/7 use

Seabass101

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2016
Hi, I have a Asrock Z370 Taichi Motherboard with a i7 8700K at 4.7GHz all core. I was wondering if it is safe to have a high Load Line Calibration and keep it at a fixed 1.270 volts for 24/7 use in Bios. Also, disabling C-State as well in Bios. I was also hoping that by having Fixed voltage it would make the 100% load voltage less or not as high as 1.34-1.38v which it gives me.

My CPU Temps: 32-34 degrees with Auto Voltage

Cooler: Corsair H115i AIO

you vrm is strong, i wouldn't worry too much about the board.

are you expecting to run high load on your CPU all the time?

if yes.

the best way is to have a flat llc with fix voltage, because the voltage will be overcompensated as you draw more current, the best way is to get a actual voltage reading (meter) of the vcore@idle then measure again when running prime95 , and see which llc setting give you the closest voltage to your manual vcore value in bios. use that setting then manually set the voltage according to that.

if no, then i think it's okay to leave it on heavy.

I have my 8700k and all 6 cores set to 4.7 running at 1.228 V, with LCC set to 5 (Max) so it doesn't overcompensate and under max load processor is still at 1.22v. I left my C States on, been running this "OC" for 6 months no problems.

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Seabass101 : "I it safe to leave these settings for my components for 24/7 use"

over voltage over time can damage stuff.. not sure about your OC though.