Amazon shipping scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2018
Has anyone else had to deal with this scam Amazon pulls where they tell you you need 1 day shipping to get it there by Friday, but when you do choose 1 day shipping, they go ahead and use 2 day shipping anyway and get it there by Friday. Then when you confront them about it they just deflect attention from this with the answer that it got there by the day they said it would.

It's one of the main reason I will no longer deal with that sleaze bag company.

Here's how it works. Seems unfair when you're the shippee, not the shipper, but totally within their rules. Not a scam. The amount of "time" is based on AFTER they get the product in stock to ship. If you choose one day shipping and they don't already have the product in stock at one of their fulfillment centers, then it's one day FROM the time they get it in stock.

So if it takes two days before they have the product, in order to ship it, then you won't see the product for three days. It's NEVER one day, or even two days if you have a Prime account, unless they already have the product in stock, ready to ship. You have to check the actual delivery date on the last page before you place the order. It's not always the same as what you see on the product page. Misleading, yes. Scam, not really. It occasionally pisses me off too, but it's really not something that can be avoided and they can't get it to you in one day if they don't have it in their hands already, which is often.

rgd1101

Don't

What is misleading? they said it get there by Friday, what does it which process they use?

Apr 27, 2018
The fact I was already paying for free 2 day shipping and the fact that the shipping label on the box said 2 day shipping means I got ripped off. I shouldn't have had to pay extra for what I was supposed to get for free.

theyeti87

Honorable

You paid for 2 day shipping, not same-day packaging. Very unlikely a new order gets shipped same day, from anywhere.

Apr 27, 2018
No, I paid for 1 day shipping. They sent it with 2 day shipping per the label on the package. I was supposed to be getting 2 day shipping for free.

You probably live relatively near a distribution center, so even two-day shipping might arrive within a similar time frame as one-day shipping, provided it gets sent out soon enough. It may be a matter of Amazon not being able to guarantee that two-day option would arrive by Friday, but they might have got your order shipped out before a certain cutoff time, which allowed two-day to effectively work the same as one-day shipping at that point.

I do kind of agree that if Amazon only paid the shipping company for two-day delivery, it does seem a bit shifty that they would keep the difference. Perhaps they also give precedence to processing items shipped one-day though, and it might be possible that they wouldn't have got to sending out the order that day if it had been sent via the free two-day option. In that case, they might have still dedicated more resources toward getting your item shipped out earlier, even if that didn't go into the actual delivery fees on the courier's end. This is just speculation though. : P

rgd1101

Don't

return it and they get it for 2 days shipping.

USAFRet

Titan

Did it arrive in the "1 day" period?
If so...it does not matter what the label said.

USAFRet

Titan

You paid extra for "1 day"?
It did not arrive in "1 day"?
You have documentation you actually paid extra for the 1 day shipping?
And the actual time of your click order was within the "1 day" window?
And they blew you off?

All of the above is correct?

Based on my multi year history with Amazon, buying hundreds of items per year...I've never had that issue.
Quite the contrary...I've had them bend over backwards rectifying the situation.
Specifically, refunding the extra shipping cost in a case like this.

Apr 27, 2018
That's what they did. Keep in mind this was after a dispute where the repeatedly shipped me defective products shipped from and sold by amazon. Seems after returning about 10 defective monitors, 1 that was already opened, 1 that was lopsided, 1 that was just so * I needed to send it back due to image quality issues... and on top of that items that were not as advertised, such as things that were supposed to be waterproof but weren't even splash proof... as in full of holes... yeah...

That and they have a real problem actually putting stuff in boxes and taping stuff shut before shipping it.

Yeah... and more... oh! and the products with toxic fumes they sent me a couple times.

And just on and on with defective crap. Yeah, at first they are nice. But then when they realize you will ship back things that were defective and when they realize that you won;t put up with their crap on shipping things slowly (which this wasn't the only time) they start giving you an attitude.

I would suggest you cut your losses and not buy anything further from Amazon, that way they can't fail to satisfy you and you will be able to rest assured that you're not getting ripped off anymore. Since they can't seem to please you even after sending replacements ten times.

To be honest, I buy about three to five items per week from Amazon. Usually 4-5 technology items per month. I've never once experienced the specific issues you are describing, although as I stated before, the shipping gets somewhat fuzzy by a day or so once in a while. Since this didn't appear to be a question anyhow, not in reality, and since you've refuted every attempt by everybody who posted here to offer suggestions, I'm closing this thread. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.