Use windows 10 from a prebuilt computer on to a new one?

Apr 19, 2018
So I have a prebuilt computer that came with windows 10 and I was wondering if there was anyway i could install it on a new pc that I'm building?

Solution

Probably not. That is pretty much the only instance where you cannot transfer a Win 10 license to new hardware.
What make/model is the prebuilt?

Even if you could, and you probably cant, this leaves the prebuilt with no OS.

Solution?
Sell the prebuilt thing with its included OS. Use the funds to bump up your new desktop, incl your own OS.

USAFRet

Titan

Probably not. That is pretty much the only instance where you cannot transfer a Win 10 license to new hardware.
What make/model is the prebuilt?

Even if you could, and you probably cant, this leaves the prebuilt with no OS.

Solution?
Sell the prebuilt thing with its included OS. Use the funds to bump up your new desktop, incl your own OS.

Solution
Apr 19, 2018

The prebuilt is a dell all in one, anyways, i just saw a video on downloading a free windows 10, that has a watermark through a usb. Is work the same? And why do I have to download it through a usb and not directly from my pc? Or is it just a method and I can also download it directly from my pc

USAFRet

Titan

From that Dell...no, you cannot transfer that license to something else.

The video you saw is not "free version", but rather regular Win 10, just not activated.
Yes, it runs just fine.
Randomly appearing watermark at the bottom right, and no customization of the desktop or taskbar.

I have a long running test of exactly this.
Installed in a VM on Dec 8, 2016. 521 days so far, no change from Day 1.

For your new PC, you'd have to create a USB install.
Do that from your current all in one thing.
Here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

In your new system, boot from that and install.