Computer doesn't display or make beeps. Possible solutions.

QuantumXRhinocerus

Honorable
Nov 27, 2014
I have an HP Envy 700-230. Have changed stock power supply to a Corsair cx750m to power my gpu. This computer doesn't display anything or make beeps. I've tried different monitors, dvi cables(using integrated graphics for troubleshooting), as well as disconnect everything including fans to the point it was the CPU, psu, and ram. What's weird is when I turn off the computer through the case power button it doesn't turn off but instead increase the fan speed and the case lights turn off. Monitor doesn't scan when the computer is on and connected but instead falls asleep. Reconnecting the dvi cable makes the monitor display sleeping message again. Would definitely like some help on this. Have tried clearing cmos as well. I am slumped.

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018

What is source of your beep . is it coming out of your hard disk , gpu , powersuppy , or motherboard ?

QuantumXRhinocerus

Honorable
Nov 27, 2014

There is no beep and no display. The speaker is soldered to the motherboard. I think its just a dead motherboard.

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018

the beep sound usually comes when the mother board boots up so we cant really say its dead !
Is anything that is connected to your motherboard working is working i don't care even if its the power button in the front panel then it means there is power in your motherboard and its not dead yet 1

QuantumXRhinocerus

Honorable
Nov 27, 2014

The cpu fan works, so does the case leds. But once you turn it on, turning it off through the case turns off the case leds but the cpu fan still stays on but sometimes with more or less power, it never completely turns off until manual switch from PSU. I have tried a different PSU as well and same problem. I reseated CPU, cleaned it everything in case there was a short circuit due to dust but nothing. It just tells my monitor to go to sleep.