Windows Install Keeps Restarting

RedMugs

Commendable
Apr 8, 2017
Hi, I recently received a replacement for my defective SSD. When I try to install Windows, it gets through the whole install process where it "Prepares files for installation" and then it reboots after. When it reboots, I'm right back at the start of the install. I've already tried recreating the install media and am using a 16GB Toshiba flash drive. My SSD is the SanDisk 240G GET.

Solution
Sounds like you have it setup wrong in the bios.
Set the boot drive int he bios to be the drive you want to boot from after windows is installed.
Save and exit - which will reboot your pc. Have the flash drive plugged in.

During post, the will be an F-key option to 'select boot device' thats shown at the same time you can press a key to get into the bios - Press that Fkey

You should now be presented with a list of bootable device - select your flash drive. If your Bios is set to UEFI mode then select the UEFI: version of your flash drive.

popatim

Titan
Sounds like you have it setup wrong in the bios.
Set the boot drive int he bios to be the drive you want to boot from after windows is installed.
Save and exit - which will reboot your pc. Have the flash drive plugged in.

During post, the will be an F-key option to 'select boot device' thats shown at the same time you can press a key to get into the bios - Press that Fkey

You should now be presented with a list of bootable device - select your flash drive. If your Bios is set to UEFI mode then select the UEFI: version of your flash drive.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS