Storage space running out !!!

shrishail987

Commendable
May 5, 2016
I have a 106 GB C: Drive. And everyday the storage space just keeps getting lower. I constantly delete stuff from the drive, uninstall useless apps, and install new apps only in other drives still I have only 516 MB's left now. What should I do ?

Solution
Sometimes the Windows folder gets loaded up with crap. I just saw a computer where it had ballooned up to 240GB. Try running Disk Cleanup.

- Type "Disk Cleanup" in the start menu. Then select disk cleanup.
- Select your boot drive
- Click the button to clean up system files
- Select your boot drive again
- Check every option within "Files to delete"
- Click OK

Clear up as much space as you can before doing this. I don't think 516MB is enough free space for disk cleanup to work. Move all user files to an external hard drive. Clear the cache on all your browsers. Turn off restore points. Manually set your page file to something like 100MB or better yet switch it to another hard drive disable on C and put on automatic on the other...
Sometimes the Windows folder gets loaded up with crap. I just saw a computer where it had ballooned up to 240GB. Try running Disk Cleanup.

- Type "Disk Cleanup" in the start menu. Then select disk cleanup.
- Select your boot drive
- Click the button to clean up system files
- Select your boot drive again
- Check every option within "Files to delete"
- Click OK

Clear up as much space as you can before doing this. I don't think 516MB is enough free space for disk cleanup to work. Move all user files to an external hard drive. Clear the cache on all your browsers. Turn off restore points. Manually set your page file to something like 100MB or better yet switch it to another hard drive disable on C and put on automatic on the other drive (for now turn it back to automatic after cleanup).

Page file is in Control Panel > System and Security > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced > Performance (Settings button) > Advanced . Virtual Memory.

Restore Points are in Control Panel > System and Security > System > Advanced system settings > System Protection > Configure.

Frankly, if you are having so much storage space issues. It is time to upgrade your SSD. You can get 500GB for a little over $100.

Solution