New small local disk showing after windows 10 update may 2018

Solution
Hi mate, I also had the same issue after installing the new Windows 10 update. I had a random F drive on my PC which was showing as red (almost full) and constantly kept getting notifications regarding it. This is because for some reason it's a partition that SHOULD NOT have a letter associated with it. So because mine was associated with the letter F it was reading it like an active drive.

Please follow below instructions to fix your issue:

Right click on the start menu and select command prompt in admin
Then type in the following
diskpart
press enter
list volume
press enter
select volume x (x = the volume of the drive which windows has added to your PC this will normally be volume 1 or 2)
press enter
remove...
May 18, 2018
The Disk Management doesn't let you change drive letters of system partions.

Follow this guide - was working perfect for me (had the same problem since some days):

run diskpart.
    In that program type in list vol; not the volume number for the volume with the letter you want to get rid of (it'll probably be 0 or 1).
    type in sel vol # where # is the number you noted.
    type in remove letter=[letter] where [letter] is the drive letter of the reserved volume.
    use exit to exit the program

-----------
So a typical sequence might be:

diskpart
    list vol
    sel vol 0
    remove letter=f
    exit

kerrbearrxo

Reputable
Mar 14, 2016
Hi mate, I also had the same issue after installing the new Windows 10 update. I had a random F drive on my PC which was showing as red (almost full) and constantly kept getting notifications regarding it. This is because for some reason it's a partition that SHOULD NOT have a letter associated with it. So because mine was associated with the letter F it was reading it like an active drive.

Please follow below instructions to fix your issue:

Right click on the start menu and select command prompt in admin
Then type in the following
diskpart
press enter
list volume
press enter
select volume x (x = the volume of the drive which windows has added to your PC this will normally be volume 1 or 2)
press enter
remove letter=F (F = the name windows gave to your drive, for example it gave me a drive F)
press enter
exit

this should fix your issue :)

Solution